- Posted by Christine
- On January 1, 2021
You may have already heard of ‘Virtual care,’ a growing service, which is also known as Telerehabilitation or Tele-health. It is the professional delivery of online physiotherapy services, available to you with the click of a button! Although virtual care does not offer hands-on services, it allows for the application of the two most important aspects in client care: Communication & Education. We at Move Authentically continue to offer this service to our clients!
Benefits of Tele-Rehab:
- Receive care from the comfort of your own home
- Promotes patient’s self-efficacy and independence
- Receive specific advice and exercises to help decrease your pain
What to expect during your Tele-Rehab Session:
- Your appointment will be held online (with video) or over the phone
- The therapist will listen and provide education based on your personal goals and expectations
- Continued provision of EXERCISES with an email copy of video and picture references
- The therapist will demonstrate the exercises and watch you complete them & offer tips and tricks
Did you know?
- We will continue offering virtual services post COVID-19 as there was great POSITIVE FEEDBACK!
- The therapist will use their professional judgment to determine if tele-rehab is the most appropriate method for you
- During the tele-health session your privacy is maintained as all privacy legislation is complied with
- Insurance normally covers Tele-Rehab (please call your insurance provider to ensure this is the case for you)
Please reach out to us with any questions, we are happy to have a chat with you!